To facilitate movement of staff and vehicles as necessary, please refer to the following circulars, and forward the documents given below to firstname.lastname@example.org, on your company letterhead as required. The two forms (staff details, request letter to DG) must be signed by an authorized signatory of the company, including stamp/seal. (Please use the templates provided for request letter & staff/vehicle details – in word format).
Extension of Visa for Foreign Nationals in Sri Lanka
The validity period of all types of Visas issued to foreign nationals residing in Sri Lanka has been automatically extended for a period of 60 days (07th October 2020 to 05th December 2020). The notice below is the official communication related to visa extensions granted to foreign nationals in Sri Lanka, by the State Ministry of Internal Security, Home Affairs & Disaster Management and the Dept. of Immigration & Emigration
Import procedure relevant to all BOI enterprises operating under Sec 17 of BOI law
All requests to import project related items will be facilitated by the BOI according to the following procedure:
1. The enterprise is required to submit scanned copies of Covering Letter and Invoice/Proforma Invoice to the respective project officers (Senior Deputy Directors, Directors or Executive Director of the BOI Investment Appraisal Department by email.
2. Respective project officers will evaluate the request and recommend for approval. Approval will be communicated to the enterprise by return mail with BOI Investor Services, Engineering and Environment Departments on copy.
3. The enterprise is required to submit the layout diagrams and BOQs to the Executive Director, Engineering Approvals, BOI for quality certification of construction items.
4. When importing chemicals, the enterprise is required to submit MSDS/CSDS (Material Safety Data Sheet) to the Director, Environment Management.
5. Based on the approval, you can submit imported CUSDECs to the Investor services department to proceed your import pls.
Contact details of officers may be accessed here: https://investsrilanka.com/contact/departments/
i. Please use the templates provided for import requests.
ii. The enterprise is required to ensure compliance of requested imports with the provisions of the prevailing Gazette issued by the Import Control Department.
iii. All import requisitions should be within the provisions of the respective agreements entered into with the BOI.
Paperless Import / Export Documentation
Facilitating restrict imports for BOI enterprises
Useful Guidelines issued by Ministry of Health
Sri Lanka Covid 19 dashboard
Please click on https://hpb.health.gov.lk/covid19-dashboard/ for the COVID-19 : Live Situational Analysis Dashboard of Sri Lanka